- Shoppers stand to win half-a-kilo gold every week and 20gm gold coins every day
- Value added bundled deals available on bestselling categories
- Marking 20-year partnership with DSF, Jumbo extends offers in-store and online on Jumbo.ae
- Smartphones, tablets and laptops expected to emerge as most popular choices in consumer technology during DSF 2015
- Sales forecast set at 20% more than DSF 2014
Dubai, UAE – 1 January 2015: Jumbo Electronics, the leading consumer electronics retailer and distributor in the UAE, will mark its 20-year partnership with the Dubai Shopping Festival with a series of promotions through the month-long event, running from 1 January to 1 February 2015.
Available in-store and on Jumbo’s new online platform, Jumbo.ae, the grand promotion includes a chance to win half-a-kilo of gold every week and 20gm gold coins every day during DSF 2015. In addition, shoppers can avail value added offers and bundled deals on a number of popular consumer electronics, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, cameras and televisions, among others.
Nadeem Khanzadah, Head-OmniChannel Retail, Jumbo Group, said: “DSF is an important part of the retail calendar in the UAE. In the consumer electronics sector, the top choices during DSF essentially determine the best performing categories for the first quarter of the year. As a key sponsor of DSF for the last two decades, we have seen phenomenal results during each season, and we congratulate the Dubai Festivals & Retail Establishment (DFRE) for the success of the event over the years.
“DSF 2015 is particularly special for Jumbo, as we would be launching promotions not just at Jumbo’s brick-and-mortar stores, but also on our recently launched online store, Jumbo.ae. This is in line with our strategy to offer consumers a truly omnichannel experience while purchasing consumer electronics, with access to deals anytime and anywhere in the UAE. We have invested over AED5 million in to creating irresistible value added offers, including the daily and weekly draws to win gold all through DSF 2015.”
Jumbo’s DSF product bundles at a glance:
- With laptops - get Atlantis dinner passes, headset, mouse, anti-virus, hard drive, back pack, tablet, Microsoft Office, printer and more
- With tablets – get ear phones, portable speakers, stylus and more
- With TVs – get Mac books, iPad, gift vouchers and more
- With smartphones – get Atlantis dinner passes, wireless Bluetooth speakers, head sets, power banks, memory cards, ear phones, back pack, and more
- With DSLR cameras – get iPads, tripods, memory cards, gift vouchers, and more
Khanzadah added: “Consumer confidence is growing in the UAE market, and we are seeing a positive impact on sales with tourist traffic on the rise. This DSF, we expect a 20% year-on-year increase in sales. Smartphones will continue to be a top choice, especially with the additional value shoppers stand to gain on the most popular models. Tablets and laptops are also expected to be in high demand during DSF.”
According to IDC, 1.4 billion smartphones will be shipped in 2015, representing steady growth in global consumer demand. “As an increasingly popular tourist and shopping destination, and hub for consumer electronics trade, retailers in Dubai will see positive growth across categories such as smartphones and tablets in the new year,” Khanzadah concluded.