- Jumbo’s 40th anniversary year starts with amazing DSF offers. Customers stand to win half a kilo of gold every week and gold coins every day
- Valued added offers on all major categories such as tablets, smartphones, laptops, DSLR cameras and TVs
- Consumers set the tone for 2014 technology trends
- Overall expected minimum 15-20 percent increase in sales year-on-year during DSF 2014
- Jumbo announces top-selling brands in various categories
Dubai, UAE – 1 January 2014: Jumbo Electronics, the UAE’S leading IT, telecom and consumer electronics retailer and distributor, has announced heightened consumer interest leading up to the Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF) 2014. This year, Jumbo has lined up even more spectacular offers than usual as it gets ready to celebrate its 40th anniversary – a major milestone for the brand. Customers stand to win half a kilo of gold every week and gold coins every day, along with valued added offers on all major categories such as tablets, smartphones, laptops, DSLR cameras and TVs.
“Jumbo Electronics was established in 1974 and is almost as old as the UAE. We would like to thank the UAE for providing us a platform for growth over the years, and DFRE for organizing a world-renowned initiative like DSF. Since its launch, DSF has become one of the most important retail events on the annual calendar globally, and has helped raise Dubai’s profile internationally by showcasing how the city is host to the best brands and outlets, best malls and entertainment, and a most vibrant lifestyle. Last year we witnessed over 15% increase in sales during DSF year-on-year, and 80% increase compared to the average sales month, and in 2014 we are looking forward to an even bigger and more exciting festival,” said Vishesh L. Bhatia, CEO, Jumbo Group.
“This is a very special year for us and we want to extend that celebratory spirit to our customers. We have lined up unbeatable bundle offers on all major categories including tablets, smartphones, laptops, DSLR cameras and TVs,” said Nadeem Khanzadah, Head – Retail, Jumbo Electronics.
Jumbo’s DSF product bundles at a glance:
- With laptops - get headset, mouse, anti-virus, hard drive, back pack, tablet, Microsoft Office, and more
- With tablets – get ear phones, portable speakers, stylus, and more
- With TVs – get iPad, gift vouchers, and more
- With smartphones – get accessory vouchers, memory cards, ear phones, back pack, and more
- With DSLR cameras – get iPads, tripods, memory cards, gift vouchers, and more
“Recent high-profile announcements in Dubai have increased consumer confidence and we expect at least 15 to 20 percent growth in sales year-on-year at DSF 2014,” added Mr Khanzadah. “The Expo 2020 win and the announcement by His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum to transform Dubai into a Smart City have provided a further boost to technology spending.”
Each year Jumbo’s DSF offers are amongst the most eagerly anticipated deals and an indicator of consumer buying trends for the rest of the year. Phones, tablets, DSLR cameras and televisions continue to lead the market. In the smartphone category, the most popular brands are Samsung, Apple, Sony and HTC. For laptops, it’s Vaio, HP and Lenovo. The best-selling cameras are Canon, Nikon and Sony. In the category of TVs, it’s Sony, Samsung and LG. And with tablets, it’s Samsung and Apple.
Jumbo estimates the sales growth in smartphones at about 10 percent in terms of value during 2014. For tablets, the sales growth is estimated at about 30 percent during 2014 and for Smart TVs, growth is expected to be about 10 percent.